Joy G. McIver
NC Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
Joy G. McIver is a Board Certified Family Law Specialist who has practiced family law, civil litigation and appellate practice in state and federal courts across Western North Carolina since 1996.
Joy has received training in Collaborative Law and is willing to work with clients in the Collaborative Law format. She has been previously certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission as a Superior Court Mediator.
Joy’s more than twenty-five years of experience as a litigator is a valued addition to Montford Family Law.
- North Carolina State Bar, 1996
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Family Law, 2014
- Collaborative Law training, 2017
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Appalachian State University, M.A., Appalachian Studies, 1996
- Georgetown College, B.A., French and History, 1988
- Women for Women Giving Circle, Community Foundation of WNC
- Pisgah Legal Services Board of Directors, 2007-2013
- Volunteer Counsel, Buncombe County Sheriff’s Personnel Advisory Board, 2009 to the present
- Harry C. Martin American Inns of Court, former member and past Treasurer
- Roy W. Davis Jr. Award, Pisgah Legal Services for exemplary contributions to providing civil legal aid to help those in need.