Joy G. McIver
NC Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
Joy G. McIver is a Board Certified Family Law Specialist who has practiced family law, civil litigation and appellate practice in state and federal courts across Western North Carolina since 1996.
In 2006, Joy was certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission as a Superior Court Mediator. Recently, she received training in Collaborative Law.
Joy’s more than twenty years of experience as a litigator is a valued addition to Montford Family Law.
- North Carolina State Bar, 1996
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Family Law, 2014
- Collaborative Law training, 2017
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Appalachian State University, M.A., Appalachian Studies, 1996
- Georgetown College, B.A., French and History, 1988
- Women for Women Giving Circle, Community Foundation of WNC
- Pisgah Legal Services Board of Directors, 2007-2013
- Volunteer Counsel, Buncombe County Sheriff’s Personnel Advisory Board, 2009 to current
- Harry C. Martin American Inns of Court, member since 2011, current Treasurer
- Roy W. Davis Jr. Award, Pisgah Legal Services for exemplary contributions to providing civil legal aid to help those in need.