NC Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
Dedicated Family Law Attorney Alex Gomes is a NC Board Certified Specialist in Family Law, and he represents clients for all family-law related matters as an attorney at Montford Family Law
Alex graduated from the University of Florida with a B.S. in Business Administration, and in he earned his J.D. from the North Carolina Central University School of Law.
After five years of working as an attorney at Pisgah Legal Services with the Mountain Violence Prevention Project, Alex joined Montford Family Law in January 2012.
In 2011, Alex was appointed by the Governor to the North Carolina Council for Women Board, on which he held the distinct honor of being the first male appointed.
Alex lives in Asheville with his family.
- North Carolina State Bar, 2007
- North Carolina Board Certified, 2014
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.
- Board of Directors, My Sister’s Place, December 2006 to Present
- Advisory Board, NC Council for Women, December 2011 to September 2013
- Committee Member, Buncombe County Pro Bono Committee, October 2015 to June 2018
- Recipient, Outstanding Volunteer Lawyer Award, 28th Judicial District Bar & Pisgah Legal Services, 2019
- Family Law Council, NC Bar Association, May 2019 to Present
- Member, Harry C. Martin American Inns of Court, June 2019 to Present